Spring 2023 Now Recruiting - Overseas Candidates Welcome!
We are accepting applications for teaching positions: Calling all candidates willing to come to Japan or living here already!
Please read the Application Information for the Spring 2023 Term for more details.
Westgate provides its instructors with a studio apartment with basic furnishings (see below). The monthly rent amount of ¥81,000, which also includes utilities and the monthly housing maintenance fee, will be deducted from the instructor's monthly payment. Rent payment will be prorated for any partial employment period. Instructors agree to move out of the apartment on the last day of their employment contracts. The location depends on the school the instructor is assigned to, and also on availability of suitable short-term lease housing options. All school placement decisions are made by Westgate.
The Westgate arranged housing includes the following:
- Major Appliances: Heater and air conditioner, TV, refrigerator, cooking stove (without oven), microwave, washing machine
- Bedding: Bed or futon (approx. 90 cm x 200 cm), sheets, comforter/top cover, pillow, pillowcase
- Cookware: Pot, frying pan, kitchen knife, cutting board
- Tableware: Bowls, spoon, fork, cup
- Laundry supplies: Clothes hangers, drying hanger with pins
- Others: Trash can/rubbish bin, 2 rolls of toilet paper
Westgate-provided apartments are equipped with Internet access, but we cannot confirm the type of connection, wireless or wired, until each instructor's assignment and housing location are finalized. Westgate does not provide instructors with a computer, related devices or cables for personal use. Instructors placed in housing with a wired Internet set-up will be responsible for supplying any equipment that may be required, such as LAN cables or wireless routers.